The Hill City Quality Inn is located in the heart of South Dakota's Black Hills, just minutes from dozens of other national park sites and attractions. Stay with us and explore the best things to do in the Black Hills from a central location, with easy access to major points of interest in all directions.
Within a 10 Minute Drive
- Prairie Berry. Free South Dakota-made wine tasting daily, year-round! Fresh, gourmet food, local and loved merchandise.
- Rushmore Helicopter Tours. Discover the Black Hills like never before with amazing helicopter tours!
- 1880 Train & Museum. See the Black Hills of South Dakota by vintage steam train! This historical steam train experience is narrated and fun for railroad enthusiasts of all ages!
- Naked Winery. Let the romantic atmosphere put you at ease as you enjoy a glass of wine by the fire with friends and family.
- Jon Crane Gallery. Browse our fine art and remember your own travels down the back roads of rural America.
- The Alpine Inn. Built in 1886, this historic landmark, with its reputation for fine dining, has become the showplace of Hill City.
Within a 20 Minute Drive
- Mount Rushmore National Memorial. An iconic monument to American leadership and democracy.
- Crazy Horse Memorial. A massive mountain carving in-progress honoring American Indian leaders.
- Pactola Marina. Pactola Pines Marina offers a wide variety of motorized and non motorized options.
Within a 40 Minute Drive
- Jewel Cave National Monument. The third-longest cave in the world, and a significant bat habitat.
- Wind Cave National Park. The seventh-longest cave in the world and above-ground grasslands with prairie dog towns and a bison herd.
- Custer State Park. A massive 77,000-acre park with a herd of 1,500 free-roaming buffalo.
- Reptile Gardens. Certified by the Guinness Book of World Records as the world's largest reptile zoo.
- The Dinosaur Museum. Visitors will see over 50 life-size dinosaurs as they appeared in the flesh millions of years ago.
- Rapid City. The largest city in the Black Hills, with a regional airport and shopping districts.
Within An Hour
- Deadwood. A historic mining town and National Historic Landmark with legalized gambling.
- Hot Springs. A Victorian-era resort town with sandstone architecture and natural hot springs.
Within Two Hours
- Badlands National Park. Almost 380 square miles of dramatic rock formations and wildlife including bighorn sheep.
- Devils Tower National Monument. An iconic volcanic mountain sacred to Native Americans of the northern plains.
The hotel is nestled in between U.S. Highway 385 and the Mickelson Trail, a 109-mile-long converted rail line that bisects the length of the Black Hills. Bicyclists, hikers, and horseback riders use the trail to explore the scenery of the area all year long. Since the trail passes directly behind the Hill City Quality Inn, guests planning a trip along the entire trail can easily use the hotel as a stopover point. Ask us about options for indoor bicycle storage and trail tips!
Hill City is filled with art galleries, restaurants, and vibrant local shops. Historic downtown is located less than a half-mile from the hotel: an easy nine-minute walk straight down Main Street.